There are two possible outcomes when a visitor goes to your website: either they are compelled to take specific action or they leave your site entirely – possibly in total disappointment.
Website traffic is crucially important for any business with an online presence, but encouraging that traffic to take some specific action is a completely different ball game.
If you already have a working, high-traffic website, it’s important to prompt your visitors to take some form of action, like sign up for your email list, buy a product or a service, or reach out through your contact form.
But how do you achieve all of this? How can you make changes to your website so that your website traffic actually converts?
Understand your audience, and do it well.
Increasing website conversions starts with knowing and understanding your target audience. After all, how can you provide a solution to your audience before figuring out what their specific problems are?
Knowing your audience helps you decide on the appropriate tone and voice to use when stating their pain points, challenges, goals, and desires so it feels like you’ve literally read their minds.
To turn your traffic into valuable visitors:
- Show your audience that you understand their problem or pain.
- Understand their personalities and the various approaches they use when making decisions.
- Create content that leads them down a path to solve a specific problem.
- Take a survey of your existing customers to find out what motivated their purchases, their decision-making process, what expectations they had, their experience and any suggestions.
- Include a call to action (CTA) button on every page
CTAs are one of the most powerful conversion boosters around. Why? Because when you directly tell a website visitor what do, they are more likely to do it than if you just hope that they figure it out on their own. A well-placed CTA can drastically boost your website conversions. Try to make them as clear, concise and straightforward as possible. That way, your visitors can better understand your directions and ultimately make a decision.
- Button CTAs can boost clicks by up to 45% compared to links.
- Give your CTA buttons a 3D effect to make the page pop.
- Use clear directions. For example, “Sign up now for your free consultation!”
- Add a feedback effect when someone hovers over it.
- Make your website mobile-friendly
That should be enough reason to optimize your website for mobile; Else, some or most of your visitors will likely abandon your site.
Web design websites like Xplode Marketing can help you create a seamless mobile experience for your visitors. Check them out!
Experiment with design elements
You may have noticed a significant drop in conversions, but until you test every design element on your site and measure the results, you won’t know what works and what doesn’t.
You can compare different elements such as:
- Page layouts
- Background colors
- CTA buttons
A/B test these variables and compare them against each other to determine which ones work better.
Use strong, informative headlines
As soon as a visitor lands on your page, they should be able to skim through the site and still learn what you’re about.
To make your site skim-friendly:
- Write shorter paragraphs and include images and list;
- Avoid large chunks of complex text at all costs;
- Make the headlines as informative and compelling as you can.
Now that you know the five ways to fine tune your website to increase conversions, don’t hesitate to implement them and stay on top of your game. Good luck!